We recognise that all staff and governors have a full and active part to play in protecting our pupils from harm, and that your child’s welfare is our paramount concern.
Our school will provide a safe, caring, positive and stimulating environment that promotes the social, physical and moral development of the individual child free from discrimination or bullying, where children can learn and develop happily.
Keeping your children safe also includes:
- Following up on non-attendance at school
- Maintaining a robust system of risk assessment and risk management
- Complying with Health and Safety requirements and engaging in an annual external audit (including the kitchen and food hygiene requirements)
- Maintaining vigilance around site security
- Having a Critical Incident Policy and plans to deal effectively if situations arise (including fire drills, evacuation and lock down procedures)
- Ensuring staff have relevant First Aid training and that a First Aid and managing medicines policy is in place
- Teaching your children about personal safety and how to deal with concerns and situations (this is often supported by external professionals such as ChildLine, the local PCSO and Health professionals)