ICT is an important aid to learning throughout the Primary age range. It is used to support teaching and learning across the curriculum as well as for the teachers’ and school’s administration purposes. We aim to give pupils opportunities to develop and apply ICT skills in all subjects and have confidence to achieve well in this subject.
The Place of Computing in the Curriculum
Provision is made for cross-curricular work by use of a range of technology.
We aim to produce learners who are confident, effective and responsible users of ICT. We will do this by:
- Helping children to develop the necessary skills.
- Helping children to use ICT with purpose and enjoyment.
- Encouraging a sense of achievement and developing confidence.
- Fostering a positive attitude towards ICT.
- Providing a foundation which can be built upon when the children enter secondary education.
- Enabling the children to understand the implications of ICT for working life and society.
- Helping children to become independent users of ICT.
We use materials from the Rising Stars scheme of work and the Barefoot Computing programme of work as well as using a skills progression to ensure pupils develop computer literacy with basic IT software.